About This Recipe
For the marinade:
½ cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
450g of skinless chicken thighs
Feta, green lentil and giant couscous salad:
Vegetable stock cube
½ cup of puy green lentils
½ cup of dried giant couscous
½ red pepper, finely diced
½ yellow pepper, finely diced
50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
¼ cup of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
100g Greek feta (made from Ewe’s milk), cubed
Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Start by preparing the chicken. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a lidded box and add the chicken breasts. Set aside while you make the salad.
- Boil some water (about 1½ litres). Crumble in the stock cube, then add the lentils. Boil for 7 minutes, then add the giant couscous and continue to boil for another 7-8 minutes until both are tender to the bite. Drain and refresh in cold water. Shake off any excess water and put the lentil and couscous mix into a large bowl.
- Stir in the peppers, garlic and lemon zest. Add a squeeze of the lemon and the olive oil, season to taste and then add the remaining ingredients, stirring gently so as not to break up the cubes of feta.
- Heat a char-grill pan, grill or barbecue and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.