About This Recipe
75g parmesan cheese, finely grated
75g pine nuts
1 large bunch of tarragon, leaves stripped from the stems
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic, crushed
5 tbsp olive oil
2 large chicken breasts, skin removed
250g penne pasta
2 handfuls of rocket
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with kitchen towel and season well. Cook on a hot griddle at a medium high heat until cooked through (approximately 4-5 minutes on each side). Test by pushing a skewer into the thickest part of the fillet. If the juices run clear, the chicken is done.
- Once cooked, set the chicken aside to rest until everything else is ready.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Prepare the pesto while the chicken and pasta are cooking.
- To make the tarragon pesto, toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, and allow to cool a little. Keep a few of the tarragon leaves to one side, but put all the other pesto ingredients in a jug and puree until smooth with a hand blender.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized morsels. Mix the pesto in with the cooked and drained pasta, then add the chicken, rocket and remaining tarragon leaves.
- Top with a little extra grated parmesan and serve immediately, or set aside and eat as a salad later.