About This Recipe
2 large mushrooms, sliced
1 Echalion shallot, thinly sliced
2 tbsp of plain goats yoghurt (or cows if you prefer)
⅓ cup of fresh herb leaves (eg. parsley, basil and chives), chopped
2 ears of sweetcorn, husks removed
A pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Using a large, lidded, frying pan, fry the mushrooms in a little olive oil for a couple of minutes, until they start to take on a little colour. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Combine the eggs and yoghurt in a large bowl with a little seasoning and beat with an electric whisk (or vigorously by hand) until frothy. Tip the mixture into the pan with the mushrooms and shallots, add the herbs and turn the heat down to its lowest setting. Cover with the lid.
- Brush the sweetcorn with olive oil and season (add a sprinkle of paprika or cajun pepper if you like), then roll each in tin foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap the sweetcorn. By now, the tortilla should be set. Tip it out onto a plate and cover with the foil the sweetcorn was wrapped in to keep warm.
- Add a little extra oil to the pan and increase the heat, then quickly char the sweetcorn and the tomato halves until they are a little blackened.
- Divide the tortilla in two and roll each half into a loose cigar (you can add some grated cheese to the middle if you like). Serve immediately with the charred veggies.