About This Recipe
For the pesto:
¼ cup of pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, crushed
a large handful of basil leaves
25g finely grated parmesan cheese
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
250g dry farfalle pasta
100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan on a medium heat (watch out, they burn easily!) and allow to cool.
- Put the basil, garlic and most of the toasted pine nuts in a mini-chopper or mortar and pestle and grind to a paste, then mix in the parmesan and, finally, the olive oil. Season to taste.
- When done, drain the pasta, then return to the pan, along with the pesto and spinach. Stir well, then put a lid on the pan for a few minutes to allow the spinach to steam.
- Serve sprinkled with a little extra parmesan and the remaining pine nuts.