About This Recipe
For the marinade:
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 inches of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Shaoxing wine
For the stir fry:
500g pork fillet (or stir fry pork), thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp stir fry or ground nut oil
1 aubergine, cubed
2 tbsp chilli sauce
3-4 tbsp water or stock
½ cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup of basmati rice
2 cups of water
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and add the sliced pork. Leave to marinade while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the rice in a large, lidded pan along with the water and set the heat high until the water starts to boil. When most of the water has evaporated, turn the heat low and cover with a lid to steam.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. Fry the aubergine for 6-7 minutes until the oil has been absorbed and the aubergine cubes are soft.
- Add the pork and marinade to the aubergine, stir in the chilli sauce and water, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the pork is done and the liquid has all evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste, then stir in the basil. Serve with the steamed rice.