About This Recipe
10 cherry tomatoes
⅓ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup of orzo (or risoni) pasta
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 cup of fresh herb leaves (e.g. basil, parsley and chives)
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and fresh-ground pepper
100g of chorizo, cut into 1cm slices
250g raw prawns
- Thread the tomatoes onto a couple of skewers, brush with a little of the oil and put under a hot grill, turning occasionally, until the skin starts to blacken and split. Set aside to cool.
- While the tomatoes are grilling, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the packet, and then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the spring onions and fry for 30 seconds, then add the lemon zest and herbs and stir briefly, before turning off the heat.
- Slip the charred tomatoes off the skewers. Remove their skins and cut them in half. Add the tomatoes, a squeeze of lemon juice, most of the remaining olive oil, and the pasta to the pan, along with the warmed herbs. Toss well to combine. Season to taste and transfer to a large bowl.
- Put the frying pan back on the heat and add the remaining olive oil to warm. Fry the chorizo for a few minutes, then add the prawns and fry quickly, stirring continuously until the flesh is pink and cooked through.
- Serve the pasta with the prawns and chorizo on the side, or mix in together. Eat right away, or as a cold salad.