About This Recipe
On-the-vine cherry tomatoes
1 packet of prosciutto ham
2 thin pork medallions
⅓ of a ‘log’ of goat cheese (e.g. Soignon Fromage De Chèvre)
Sprinkling of thyme leaves
½ packet of prepared watercress, rocket and spinach salad
- Brush the tomatoes – still on the vine – with a little olive oil.
- Pat the pork medallions dry and place between two sheets of baking parchment, then pummel with a meat tenderizer (or even your fists!) to flatten.
- Lay the prosciutto ham flat, with the edges slightly overlapping in two piles, then place one flattened pork medallion on each pile. Season with fresh-ground black pepper (the ham adds saltiness on its own) and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Cut the goats cheese into two rounds and place one on top of each medallion, then fold the pork and ham layer in half, so that the cheese is sandwiched in the middle.
- Cook the prosciutto ‘sandwiches’ and tomatoes on a hot griddle until the skins of the tomatoes are split and charred and the pork is cooked through (around 3-4 minutes on each side).
- Spoon any cooking juices over the meat and serve with the prepared watercress, rocket and spinach salad.