About This Recipe
For the vinaigrette:
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ garlic clove, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
6-8 small salad potatoes
100g thin asparagus, trimmed
1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
2 little gem baby lettuces
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
½ can of anchovy fillets, rinsed and dried (or 1 can of goof quality tuna, drained)
12 black olives (preferably Niçoise)
12 capers or 6 caperberries, rinsed and drained
½ cup of basil leaves
Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bottle or jug and set aside.
- Put the red onion slices in a bath of cold water to sweeten.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted, water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into cold water until cool, then drain, toss in a little olive oil and cut in half.
- Blanch the asparagus spears in the boiling water for a minute (longer if they are thick) and plunge in cold water.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, then plunge in cold water. When cool, peel and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving plate, add the asparagus, potatoes, quartered eggs, tomatoes, onion, anchovies olives and capers. Finally, sprinkle over the basil leaves.
- Serve with the vinaigrette on the side.