About This Recipe
1 onion, chopped
500g (about 2 large or 3 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
2 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
1 cup of vegetable stock
400g can of chopped tomatoes
175g (or one packet) of small okra, trimmed
Salt and fresh ground pepper
¼ cup of fresh coriander leaves
- Gently fry the onion in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes, until soft, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and spices and cook for another minute to release the flavours.
- Add the potato cubes and mix well, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and okra and cook, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and okra are soft.
- Remove from the heat, season to taste, and sprinkle over the coriander leaves.
- Serve with warm naan bread or steamed rice.