About This Recipe
2 large salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 1cm cubes
1 tsp red curry paste
Finely grated rind of 1 lime
1 stalk of lemongrass, trimmed and finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
1 egg white
2 layers of rice or egg noodles*
2 inches of root ginger, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 packet of stir fry vegetables**, sliced if necessary
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Combine the fish, red curry paste, lime rind, lemongrass, chilli, kaffir lime and egg white in a bowl and mix well, then shape into four evenly-sized patties.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions, then rinse under cold water and drain.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan, using a little stir fry oil if necessary, and cook the fishcakes on a high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside under a bowl to keep warm.
- Add a little stir fry oil to the pan and cook the ginger, garlic and vegetables on a high heat, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes. Add the noodles and cook for another minute. Mix the soy sauce and vinegar and add to the pan, cooking for another minute before removing from the heat.
- Serve immediately with slices of the lime on the side.
* For a gluten-free meal, be sure to use rice noodles, rather than egg noodles.
**I often buy a stir fry ‘medley‘ containing spring onions, baby corn, sugarsnap peas and broccoli, but any combination of vegetables will do.